Beth Buzz - What is Beth Agnew up to now?

A news blog to keep you up to date on the activities of Beth Agnew.
Multiple projects, always a new idea, never a dull moment! Follow @Professorsan on Twitter.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Extreme Irony

I know that God has a sense of humor. More on that in a future post. Today, however, I want to point out that the universe has a sense of the ironic. Yesterday, I posted about the Blessings of Adversity. On my tombstone is going to be inscribed "When will I learn to keep my mouth shut?". I was not inviting adversity, mind you. Just pointing out a couple of things.

But that was sufficient. Middle of the night last night I started having pain in my leg and foot, which has bothered me before. By 5 a.m. I was unable to walk and glad to have the appropriate drugs on hand. 12 hours later I'm still not able to put weight on it. I know the only remedy is really time and rest. That crimps my style, however. I don't like being invalided, even for a short time. I really am moving at the speed of light -- with all the digital projects I'm involved in. So this leg thing is very annoying, to say the least.

Ironic, don't you think? Speaking of irony ... that was the one of the topics I spoke on at last year's Pop Culture Conference. You can see the presentation on my Conferences page. Scroll down to Tribes III: L33TSpeak and Extreme Irony -- Metacommunicating the Subculture. (Egad, sounds awfully academic, dunnit?)

Beth Agnew, aka ExPRESSive, Extreme Ironist
I'm out of the closet, and the laundry room, and into the urban jungle. I am an extreme ironist!! Codename: ExPRESSive. You didn't know I was an extreme athlete, did you?

Considering how much I like housework, that's true irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|