Beth Buzz - What is Beth Agnew up to now?

A news blog to keep you up to date on the activities of Beth Agnew.
Multiple projects, always a new idea, never a dull moment! Follow @Professorsan on Twitter.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Another Blog?

Someone asked me, "Why do you need another blog?" File that under "people unclear on the concept". :-) Seriously, though. This blog is the pointer to all the others. If you only subscribe to one, this should be it.

As I mentioned in The Da Vinci Code post, I have too many interests to rein in, and each one has its own stream of information. Just as it would be confusing and unproductive to twist all those themes together into one, there needs to be a central broadcast that provides some form of linkage. Isn't that what the blogosphere is all about -- linkage?

Continual "look at me, look at me" blogging can get tiresome -- gosh, I should know about that! Alternative points of view may note that an internet diary is nothing more than a paper diary updated to use newer technology. There will always be personal expressions in these media. Some of them are outstanding; some of them are a crushing bore. The good ones will rise to the top of the heap, as did Samuel Pepys and Anne Frank in their time and medium.

I'm always telling my students: "Hey, do something significant with your writing!" and "Think about what you're doing, and why!". Makes me check my own motives every now and then, and inspires me to have a plan, or at least a vision that goes beyond my nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|