Beth Buzz - What is Beth Agnew up to now?

A news blog to keep you up to date on the activities of Beth Agnew.
Multiple projects, always a new idea, never a dull moment! Follow @Professorsan on Twitter.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Camtasia Studio

When I presented Podcasting and Vidcasting: The Future of TechComm at the STC Conference in Las Vegas, NV last month, I met up with Betsy Weber, the Chief Evangelist (read Marketing Guru) of Techsmith, Inc., the people who produce Camtasia Studio and Snagit. Camtasio Studio and Snagit are two great tools that you should be aware of if you do any kind of instructional or procedural documentation or multimedia.

Snagit has always been the favorite screen capture tool for technical communicators. Camtasia Studio has become my favorite for producing multimedia documentation because of its ease of use and its suite of powerful features.

To my delight, Betsy offered my audience 3 activation keys for the Camtasia Studio/Snagit bundle and we had a draw during the presentation to give away these three keys, valued at US $320.00 each. Talk about evangelism!

To my further delight, Betsy has invited me to be part of the Camtasia Studio Advisory Board. This means that I will get to play with Beta versions of Camtasia Studio and have the chance to provide input regarding new features and usability. This is a technical communicator's dream come true.

We often work with customer advisory boards ourselves, as we document new products. I have participated in many Beta programs, as a manager and a user. It will be worthwhile and rewarding to be involved with Techsmith, Inc. with regard to Camtasia Studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|