Beth Buzz - What is Beth Agnew up to now?

A news blog to keep you up to date on the activities of Beth Agnew.
Multiple projects, always a new idea, never a dull moment! Follow @Professorsan on Twitter.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day 23 30DC - The Waiting Game

Well, no, I'm not sitting around waiting. I'm actually working on a second niche and spending quite a bit of time doing the social media thing, generally and for some of my team members. I haven't seen any movement yet on my first site. I have seen competition -- it turns out that key phrase was a little more popular than I thought.

Personally, I think my rendition of the pages about the niche are far better than those of my competitors, but perhaps they are more aggressive at getting the rankings and social bookmarking. I prefer to have it happen a little more naturally, as Ed has suggested.

I think you can also tell who can write, and who cannot. And who knows anything about their subject matter, and who does not. I think readers can tell as well.

So I have every expectation that my site(s) will rise to the top of the quality ladder, but perhaps not in time for completing this challenge within the 30 days.

Still, it is an amazing learning experience. Ed has let us know that it is indeed the largest, by far, online Internet Marketing training ever given. There are some interesting stats as well. In previous years' Thirty Day Challenges, there was an initial boost in traffic as people signed up, but over the course of the month, the number of users dropped off, making a distinct downhill line on the graph.

With this year's Thirty Day Challenge, it has been the opposite. As word spreads about the training and the results we are having, more people are showing up to see what's going on.

In the world of Web 2.0, you can expect people to gather wherever something interesting is occurring. That's a good marketing message any time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|